Full name – Jake Thomas Martin
Date of Birth – July , 1999.
Home town – Central Coast, NSW.
1. You’ve got
$1500 each, 2 weeks off work and two of your best booging mates. Where are you going and why? I would definitely travel to the Canaries and book somewhere nice to stay as I’ve always wanted to surf the waves around there, especially fronton!
2. Favourite wave you’ve surfed to date? Aussie pipe without a doubt.
3. Biggest wipeout / surfing injury? Except for copping a fairly mellow fin chop to the throat I haven’t had any serious injuries or beatdowns yet (touch wood).
4. Favourite wave? Why? Aussie pipe, the scenery, the untouched landscape, the barrels and the bowls. Each and every wave is so consistent in shape and pitch which really allows you to practise everything and anything.
5. Dream trip? Who’s coming with you? South Australia with a couple of mates and potentially a photographer/videographer.
6. Favourite section to get pumped on before surfing? Mitch Rawlins’ south oz section in ‘killer days.’
7. Last but not least, favourite pick up line: “you have 206 bones in your body. Want one more?”
Photos; Reed Plummer, Taj Parker, Jason Chadwick.
Well done Jake for winning the Knights Beach pro Junior, in South Australia.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-61123627-1’, ‘auto’);